ECHOES is a 2015 experimental film inspired by american independent director John Cassavetes’ creation. This film is the result of a Master Class in film directing, cinematography, film acting and editing, held in the summer of 2014 (in the ALTERNATIVE CINEMA Workshop) by Romanian-Moldovan filmmaker Dumitru Grosei, backed by the famous film actor Gheorghe Grâu. All 6 film exercises from this workshop have been reedited in one single short film of 17 minutes. This experiment has led to a completely new story, independent of the source of inspiration, which stands firm on its feet.
Synopsis – A young woman gives effect to frivolous adventures with a man who does not really have serious intentions and then she wakes up trapped in a difficult relationship. As to alleviate distress she starts to drink, but the result is a husband who is leaving her. When left alone, the woman tries to fight her vices and hopes to rebuild the relationship she lost.
But will she?..
Actors: Dana Ciobanu, Alexandru Rusu
Director: Dumitru Grosei
Assistant Directors: Cristian Madan, Călin Laur, Dumitru Tcaci
Script: Dumitru Grosei
Production: ALTERNATIVE CINEMA
associate producer: Sergiu Ungureanu (FILM MOTION DESIGN)
Awards / Festival Selections / Appreciations
- Public Choice Award – European Film Festival at Bucharest
- Talin Black Nights Film Festival – Focus to Moldova
- Cannes Film Festival – non-competitive Short Film Corner section, part of Romanian Short Waves 2015 programme
- Drama Film Festival selection
- 12 Months Film Festival – International Competition – selection
- selected by Larisa Cuznețova, professor at State University from Moldova, Psychology Department, as educational material for students
- broadcasted 2 times at Moldova 1 channel.
Official Public Screenings
- Noaptea Insitutelor Culturale (Night Of Cultural Institutions) 2015 (București)
- Les films de Cannes à Bucarest 2015 (București)